College of Nursing Vision and Mission Statement
CON Vision Statement
The vision of the CON is to develop solutions for the
most important nursing challenges pertaining to human health and health equity
in our communities through education, scholarship, practice, and service.
CON Mission Statement
The mission of the CON is to provide exemplary and
innovative education, research, practice, service, and leadership that improves
state, national, and global health. The College’s efforts focus on the
scholarship of nursing education, research, practice, and policy to inform and
lead in the delivery and analysis of nursing and health care.
CON Programmatic Goals
- Fully participate in UNM, HSC, and the UNM Health System
governance and policy-making bodies to achieve our vision, mission, and
- Produce graduates with the nursing expertise to
improve health and promote health equity of New Mexicans through leadership,
research, policy, and the provision of exceptional healthcare.
- Provide outstanding educational programs to diverse
- Lead in state and national baccalaureate and graduate
education in nursing.
- Expand and support a scholarship base consistent with being
the flagship graduate nursing program in New Mexico and with the University of
New Mexico’s designation as a Research University with high research activity.
- Implement nursing and interprofessional faculty
practice models that provide innovative, scholarly solutions to improve health.
- Provide statewide leadership and advocacy in nursing
and health policy.
- Diversify the College of Nursing to increase
representation to better reflect the communities we serve across the state of
- Develop entrepreneurial and innovative strategies to
attract and efficiently manage CON resources (fiscal, physical, and human) in a
changing economic environment.
CON Strategic Planning
The CON Strategic Plan provides the CON with direction to develop a curriculum that will deliver progressive educational programs to New Mexicans that are consistent with the needs of the discipline and the State of New Mexico. There is an annual CON strategic planning meeting attended by all CON faculty and staff. At this meeting, progress toward goals is measured, and new goals are set.
HSC Mission & Vision