In this competitive process, we will only consider for admission those students who meet minimum criteria and whose complete application packets are received by the deadline. The UNM College of Nursing (CON) utilizes NursingCAS for all undergraduate Pre-Licensure option BSN applications including applications to NMNEC partner schools.
Admission Guide - Fall 2017
- The applicant to apply to the College of Nursing via NursingCAS, click here to apply
- The applicant to enter all academic coursework into NursingCAS for all college level institutions, even if it is not a prerequisite or directly related to the nursing major.
- The applicant to submit all official transcripts to NursingCAS for verification and processing. The CON no longer accepts transcripts for applications.
Transcripts must meet the following requirements to be considered “official” by NursingCAS:
- A Registrar’s seal and/or legible signature included on the transcript,
- Must be mailed directly to NursingCAS from the Registrar’s Office from the school the course was taken,
- Cannot be marked “Issued to Student” or “Student Copy”,
- Must reflect all relevant, correct information for the applicant identified on the application,
- Transcripts cannot be gathered by the student and then mailed to NursingCAS. As stated above, they must come directly from the institution’s Registrar’s Office.
NursingCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Requirements for Consideration for Admission: Pre-Licensure Option
- Achieve at least a 2.75 grade point average in all course listed in prerequisite semester 1 and 2 with a “C” or better. For more information, see UNM’s Worksheet.
- Successfully complete all classes listed in prerequisite semester 3 by the beginning of Nursing Level 1. These classes can be in progress or completed at the time of application.
- Pass the HESI A2 exam with a 75% overall and a 75% in the following sections: reading comprehension, vocabulary & general knowledge, grammar, biology, chemistry and math.
- Complete and submit a NursingCAS application from October 15, 2016 - February 15, 2017.
- Send official college transcripts from all institutions attended to NursingCAS for verification and processing.
- Be eligible for admission to UNM.
Failure to complete any of the above steps will result in ineligibility, and your application will not be processed.
Please apply early to allow for adequate processing time for your application and all required materials!
Selection from qualified applicants will be made based on the HESI A2 composite score, GPA of required classes, and other factors.
Note: New Mexico residents will be given preference
For more information, please contact:
College of Nursing
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
||June 15 - September 15, 9:59 PM MST
||October 15 - February 15, 9:59 PM MST