If you are an experienced nurse manager or executive who is interested in applying to this program, please complete the online application. Applicants must meet admission requirements posted below. For further questions you may contact Jeri Belsher, Senior Advisor for Graduate Programs firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. P.J. Woods, Associate Professor, and Concentration Coordinator Nursing Administration and Executive Organizational Leadership email@example.com
Nursing Executive Organizational Leadership (NEOL) Post MSN-DNP Admission Criteria
- Must have either a BSN and a Master’s degree in related field (MBA, MPA, MPH or MSA , or a Master's degree in Nursing with a Nurse Administration Concentration.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA at the master’s level (with a 3.5+ GPA preferred).
- Minimum of three years in nursing practice management
- Must have a graduate level inferential statistics course within the past five years or complete within the program of studies.
- Current, and unencumbered, RN license from one of the 50 U.S. States or Territories; if an advanced practice nurse or certified in a nursing specialty, a copy of your advanced practice license or certification must be submitted.
- Must agree to sign a commitment to enroll in the program of studies course sequencing and attend the annual DNP seminar and orientation held in the summer term of each year.
- Personal interview (will be arranged and can be in person or by phone, Skype, or Adobe Connect).
- A letter of intent which specifies career goals and a clear statement of how the DNP will advance your executive administrative practice.
- Current CV/resume
- Submission of either a 2-3 page scholarly document with a description of an example of a specific health care administration problem that you would like to see changed, or a 1st authored publication.
- Three references from those who know your work best and can comment on your abilities to succeed in a higher level and advanced nursing executive role. These may be from a professor, supervisor, or colleague (no more than 2 colleagues).
- Official transcripts
- Must have pre-arranged practice site (s) for residency and capstone courses (prior to first term enrollment date) and meet all clinical clearances and liability of site(s) (all liabilities and clearances must be obtained by end of first term of enrollment).